TIME’s Tablet Strategy Benefits All Advertisers
TIME continues to innovate our digital assets for both consumers and advertisers.
Tablet editions offer our advertisers an ideal branding platform and fast-growing scale in a cutting-edge, dynamic environment.
All in-book ads will appear within the TIME Tablet apps in one of three formats:
//STRAIGHT FROM PRINT — SFP*
Tablet ad appears EXACTLY as in-book
- Includes tap and zoom feature
- Advertisers can activate one URL to trigger an in-app browser provided it exists in the print creative
//DESIGNED FOR TABLET — DFT
Ad has been designed for reading on the tablet
- Designed to be read at 100%
- Optimized creative
- Click here for specs
//ENHANCED FOR TABLET — EFT
Ad can include enhancements and bonus content optimized for tablet and activated using up to 3 hotspots
- Slide shows
- Up to 2 minutes of video
- In-app browser
- Click here for specs
Using platform native reader software, digital editions will be designed specifically for all leading tablet operating systems
- iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Barnes & Noble NOOK Color, Amazon’s Kindle Fire
- Includes other Android devices (i.e. XOOM) through the Next Issue Media store
- Tablet issue readers
- Average time spent per issue
- Average reading sessions per issue
- Tablet issue readers per ad
- Tablet ad impressions
- Ad impressions per tablet issue reader
- Average time spent with ad*
*Applicable only for EFT option
Effective January 2012, circulation includes Tablet edition. By advertising a 1/3 page or greater in the national print edition, you have the opportunity to run in the tablet edition of that issue. Full page national qualified print ads are automatically included in the Tablet Edition unless you opt-out. See Magazine Tablet Advertising Terms and Conditions for details, instructions on how to opt-out, and available upgrade options for 1/3 page or greater national print advertisers.
For more information contact your TIME Sales Representative.
*Applies to full page, spread and page and 1/3 national ads, advertiser has the ability to opt out; Additional costs apply for the Enhanced for Tablet opportunity Source: Omniture, Most recently completed 4 week issues
TIME and the Red Border Design are trademarks of Time Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other referenced trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Updated July 17, 2012